beach

I Fly My Own Kite

Thursday, June 02, 2011

....literally.
I just loved this picture and wanted to share......and vent a little:

I've always flown kites and always felt the activity to be a bit archaic, 
which is part of why I like it.
After all, kites don't plug in and they involve being outside, so people these days aren't interested. 

Now, instead of kite flying at the beach, people text message. 
Instead of building sand castles, kids play portable video games.

No one picks up sea shells anymore, the act of walking the beach has become, 
so it seems, too strenuous for our pudgy American bodies. 
Plus, these days people figure they don't need to pick up shells as souvenirs, if they want shells they'll just buy them at the gift shop. 




Ugh. 

Where's my time machine?

You Might Also Like

4 comments