architecture

Azalea Tourist

Monday, April 15, 2013


This weekend was the Azalea Festival in Wilmington so we spent some time downtown taking in the festivities. At first we traveled the crowded streets but made a point to wander off the beaten path and on to the shady streets lined with lovely old houses. For our day out I wore this dress and sweater of Mrs. Bolton's, I thought the pink would look nice with the azaleas.


Ever since I visited the city of Savannah, Georgia, in 2009, I have been absolutely enchanted with Spanish moss. I never imagined that I'd live in a place that, like Savannah, is absolutely dripping with moss and historic southern charm.


 
 

 
Sometimes it is nice to play the part of the tourist, even in a town you're already acquainted with. Spring, when the world is in bloom, is the perfect time to slow down, to appreciate, and to stand in the street with a camera gawking at pretty houses :) 
 
 
 
x
Happy Sailing

You Might Also Like

8 comments