autumn

Simple Sunday

Monday, October 28, 2013


Sunday found me feeling poorly, and not up to sitting for hours on end at an auction house (our usual Sunday activity) so we made a quick run to the store to stock up on treats for our trick-or-treaters  and spent the rest of the day relaxing and recuperating.

 
 We've had a few days of delightfully chilly weather, perfect for sweaters, but today the sun was quite strong and I was, as usual, overdressed in my knit and wool.


I've has this thrifted sweater for ages and it's definitely one of my Fall favorites; I'm a sucker for anything argyle.

Brown velvet hat, by Suzy: purchased from our friends over at Mid Century Maiden
(also seen here

Wool skirt: thrifted, Pendleton! (also seen here)

Note the deer track to the right of my toes!




These little suede booties are a recent modern acquisition from last weekend's shoe shopping trip with my beau; he was in need of running shoes and, being the patient and kind man that he is, he waited while I tried on nearly every shoe in the store until I found a pair (or two) that really struck my fancy. While I know this style of shoe makes my legs look stubby, but I couldn't resist the simple construction and supple suede of these booties- they just looked like fall!

For Sunday's ensemble, I dug through my sock drawer and found a pair of brownish trouser socks which I pulled up to my knees.

I've got some pretty cute ideas for these little boots and look forward to experimenting with a style of shoe I would normally avoid. Sometimes it's fun to jump a little outside of one's fashion comfort zone and try something new!



Happy Sailing!
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments